So I’ve reviewed my goals for 2010 and found them to be good. As I listened to last night’s midnight hour of gunshots crackling, bombs exploding and small weapons fire that the Germans believe is the appropriate way to welcome in the New Year, I planned my goals for 2011. Here they are, in stark black and white:
1. Sign at least one publishing contract for the first in the Maggie Cloete mystery series, Balthasar’s Gift, and see it in print before the end of the year.
2. Write book #2, Karkloof Blue, and outline book #3, Sangoma’s Wish.
3. Source five new freelance clients for my writing business and starting blogging again on my professional blog.
4. Buy my novel-writing name domain (Charlotte James) and set up my novelist’s website, possibly amalgamating it with this blog and the professional writing one.
5. Plan the creative writing workshop I’m to give at Heidelberg University later in the year, with the aim of giving more of the same.
6. Travel widely.
7. Love my family and my friends.
8. Blog and tweet joyously.
9. Eat healthily and exercise more.
10. Keep a reading record on this blog, with the aim of reading 100 books this year.
Wishing you a year full of riotous success, happiness and fun, not to mention excellent books.
Yours, in anticipation of a fabulous 2011,