1. Other writers. I belong to Litopia, the online writing colony, and I have met with such generosity of spirit there. I’ve just put up a story for critique and received wonderful, useful, constructive criticism.
2. Robby. After six months of looking, we may have found our family dog. The weirdness of adopting a dog in Germany deserves its own post, but I will wait until we actually have Robby in our home before I jinx my luck.
3. Coffee. I’ve just had two coffees, milky, strong and hot, in the market square with a friend while watching the Friday market unfold in front of us.
4. Books. I’m having a reading feast at the moment, with great books behind me and front of me.
5. Asparagus. It’s still Spargel season in Germany, so the market was groaning with Spargels green and white. We have been having lamb chops and green asparagus on the barbeque rather more often than is decent lately.
6. Germany’s Top Husband. Have I ever mentioned that he’s wonderful? And that I am deeply, deeply lucky?
7. School holidays. I slept in till 9am today, thanks to GTH and the fact that no-one had to be anywhere by a certain time this morning.
8. Friends. I’m blessed with fabulous friends, near and far, without whom life would be grey and sad.
9. Children who make music. We have the sounds of guitar, piano and recorder in our home and I love it.
10. Journeys. I’m going on one tonight and the prospect is delicious. I’ll tell you all about it when I’m back!
(Thanks to Ben Warsop for tagging me for this meme, Happy 101 Sweet Friends. Please play along if you want to.)