Because who wants to be small and good?
Something is afoot here at Charlotte’s Web. The times they are a’ changin’, to quote Bob who let me down with the world’s most boring live concert a couple of years ago. But things aren’t boring here. We are shaking, we are moving, we are thinking about ways to bring the playfulness and the fun back into blogging. And we are going to stop talking about ourselves in the plural right now.
I find there’s nothing better than a competition, and a creative one at that, to getting the blogging juices flowing and bring some life back.
Here are the rules, as invented and dictated by me:
1. Cast your eye over my newly-freshened blogroll and see if your name is there.
2. If it is, you are automatically entered into the competition. If not, and we are friends and have been sharing comments for years, months or even just weeks, then please comment below and request that I add you to the blogroll. New readers are also welcome to join in.
3. Then what you have to do, and this is the creative bit, is define your blog in six words. Think of it as the six-word memoir, but for blogs. For example, I might describe Charlotte’s Web as Perspicacious Spider Spins Words into Tales. Or something. I worked on that for five seconds and it shows.
4. Post your entry in the comments.
5. At the end of the month, I will choose the top ten six-word descriptions. Then I will choose the top three. Then I will choose a winner and two runners-up, all of whom will receive unspecified but seasonal prizes from some of Germany’s top chocolatiers. Or maybe a book. I haven’t decided yet.
6. The winner and the two runners-up will be announced in April, to plaudits from their blogging friends.
Go to it, readers and writers. Define yourself and help me put the fun back into blogging.