I may have done this meme before in a parallel universe, but my new friend Pete, who blogs at Couch Trip, tagged me and since he lives in my favourite city in the world (see his blog header for a gorgeous photograph), I am succumbing. Feel free to avert your eyes if you think you may have seen all this before …
Five Habits Meme
What was I doing 10 years ago?
I had a career! But it was boring. I was a manager! But only a product manager. I flew business class! But had to give up my airmiles to the company. Friends of mine were having babies! But I wasn’t ready yet. I pursued my career some more! But I went off the pill, just in case. Then my life changed forever!
Five snacks I enjoy in a perfect, non-weight gaining world:
2. Chocolate-covered nuts
3. Bread and butter
Five snacks I enjoy in the real world:
All of the above, but rationed. Also:
Rice-cakes (chilli flavour)
Chai tea lattes
Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Buy my mother her dream retirement home.
2. Fund AIDS orphans on a grand scale.
3. Build an eco-friendly, sustainable house.
4. Take my family on an awesome holiday.
5. Replace the little sports-car my husband had to sell when he married me – I know how much it hurt him to do so.
Five jobs I have had:
1. Voter registration for the PFP
2. Totally useless waitress
3. Selling dolls that wet themselves
4. Rookie crime journalist
1. Making time to write
2. Making time to exercise
3. Kissing my children
4. Looking at my husband and thinking, “How lucky am I?”
5. Planning real and fantasy holidays
Five places I have lived:
1. Observatory, Cape Town
2. Parktown, Johannesburg
3. St Margarets, London
4. Schwetzingen, Germany
5. Atlanta, Georgia
Five people I’d like to get to know better:
Diane of Martinis for Two (soon to meet in RL), G of BigAppleToBigBear (just met in RL), Tanya of Just Me (know in RL, but interested in her answers), Angela of An Observer Abroad (know in RL and whose blog is yet to be sullied by a meme), and Sandy of Off the Beaten Track (go forth and read her fabulous travel blog – it is the stuff of my dreams).