Thanks to SusieJ, here are Eight Things I Know:
1. When making a decision, trust your gut. If it doesn’t sit comfortably in your stomach, it’s not a good decision.
2. Make sure you like your own company. However much you surround yourself with people, you are going to end up alone.
3. If you want to lose weight, you need to burn more energy than you eat. Diets don’t work. Just get moving.
4. Children need time to play and dream more than they need extramural chess and cello.
5. Model the behaviour you would like your children to emulate. If you want them to read, then read; if you want them to be polite, be polite yourself; if you don’t want them to eat chips and watch telly all day, then get off the sofa.
6. Having children grows you up.
7. If you speak and act with integrity and goodwill, you are not responsible for people’s reactions.
8. Love, don’t fear. Both are magnets, drawing towards you exactly the energy that you emit. If you love, love will be returned to you. If you fear, you attract fearful situations.