This is via Helen – a list of things about myself other bloggers might not know. The idea is to develop a repository of people who may be subject matter experts in certain areas, not necessarily professional ones, so that other writers will have a wealth of research material to dip into …
… and it’s just another chance for navel-gazing, which I can never resist.
So, here are five things you might not know about Charlotte:
- I have a phobic fear of legless critters – worms, snakes and fish. I can eat fish, but only if it is shaped like a rectangle. I can’t eat worms or snakes.
- I am obsessed with travel. I have lived in Pietermaritzburg, Johannesburg, Cape Town, London (twice), Atlanta Georgia, and various small towns near Heidelberg, Germany. This year I have been to Italy, France, South Africa, England and will shortly go to Switzerland. Next year I hope to go to California, Corsica and South Africa. I believe I will keep moving for the rest of my life.
- I have had two home births, one accidental and one planned.
- I have meditated on and off for 25 years. I believe that I have spirit guides and angels in close companionship and that meditation brings me closer to them. They have also been near me in times of difficulty, and when this happens, I smell roses. I also believe in reincarnation and the rule of karma.
- I have suffered from cracked heels my whole life. I have recently discovered that two tablespoons of walnut oil per day cures them.
Consider yourself tagged!
P.S. Here’s the list of participants from Sharon. She asked us to include this:
Remember that it isn’t always the sensational stuff that writers are looking for, it can just as easily be something that you take for granted like having raised twins or knowing how to grow beetroot. Mind you, if you do know how to fly a helicopter or have worked as a film extra, do feel free to let the rest of us know about it!