I want to be writing, but with three kids on holiday, one birthday party to bake for and one mother-in-law visiting, working on my novel just isn’t on the cards. Instead, I give you The Meme From YogaMum:
1. What is your occupation? Mother, freelance writer, aspiring novelist.
2. What colour are your socks right now? Grey.
3. What are you listening to right now? The dulcet sounds of Kika, a German kids’ TV channel blissfully ad-free, which is keeping my threesome entertained. The programme is Tanz Alarm, so everyone is dancin’.
4. What is the last thing you ate? Vanilla yogurt with blueberries.
5. Can you drive stick shift? I do so with pride.
6. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Turquoise.
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My daughter’s friend, Lara.
8. What’s your favourite yoga pose? The beautiful, peaceful tree pose.
9. How old are you today? 39 years, 3 months and 6 days. And I have No Issues Whatsoever With This.
10. Favourite drink? Like Yogamum, I believe that chai latte is the nectar of the gods. My writing coffee-house does the best chai lattes in the world.
11. What is your favourite sport to watch? Tennis.
12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Never dyed, but I have a 20-year-old relationship with highlights that I am now trying to end because of co-dependency issues.
13. Pets? Three human ones.
14. Favourite cake? Cheesecake. It’s the reason I live in Germany.
15. Last movie you saw? The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency. The brilliance! The aptness! The respect for both the book and the Botswana culture! Anthony Mingella, rest in peace.
16. Favourite day of the year? Can’t say. Every day is good.
17. How do you vent anger? Some muttering, some short-stepping and then some shouting.
18. What was your favourite toy as a child? A shaggy green dog, who played Prince to the dollies’ Princesses.
19. Autumn or spring? Spring! Even a snowy white one like we’re having now.
20. Hugs or kisses? Both.
21. Cherry or blueberry? Blueberry, but only just.
22. Do you want your friends to respond? Only if they’re in the mood.
23. Who is most likely to respond? Don’t know.
24. Who is most likely not to respond. Don’t know.
25. Living arrangements? I live in a house my husband and our three pets.
26. Last time you cried? While watching The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, when the missing child was returned to his father.
27. What is on the floor of your closet? A worry of shoes.
28. Who is the friend you’ve had the longest? Dani, from Grade Two. Love and miss you, my friend!
29. Favourite smell? A cake in the oven.
30. Who or what inspires you? People who have the courage to follow their hearts.
31. What are you afraid of? Something happening to one of my loved ones.
32. Hamburgers? Nevaire. The disgustingness.
33. Favourite car? I’m not a car person, but I have to say I am fond of our big Renault because it’s taken us on many journeys to many places.
34. Number of keys on your key ring? Three.
35. How many years at your current job? Mother for eight years, freelance writer for six years, writer since I could write.
36. Favourite day of the week? Sunday – the day I sleep in and the shops are closed.
37. How many countries have you lived in? South Africa, England twice, Germany twice and the US once for three months (Atlanta, Georgia).
38. Dream job? Novelist.
Tagging my second oldest friend, Kerry, who I have known since Grade Eight, and who has been a little quiet on the blogging front lately. What’s up, girlfriend?
Read Full Post »